Thinking of joining?
One of the best ways to enhance your business experience is to join the local chamber of commerce--an organization whose sole purpose is to help make you and your business more successful. Membership in the Southern Berkshire Chamber of Commerce brings with it many benefits for your business. Take a look at our benefits listed below and read through some testimonials from satisfied members, then make the best business decision you can make and join the Southern Berkshire Chamber today!
FREE listing on www.SouthernBerkshireChamber.com includes a FREE link to your web site.
- Your business represented in our Visitor and Information Center year round with over 15,000 inquiries handled annually.
- Display privileges for your brochures, business cards, menus, etc. in the Visitor Center.
- Participation in Promotions and Activities sponsored by the Chamber, affording increased visibility. This includes sponsorship of Business After Hours, our Breakfasts, and other events.
- Group Health and Dental Insurance plan options
- Free Small Business Counseling
- Membership Mailing Labels (currently 360 strong) is available to all members for $50.00.
- Informational and educational Seminars. Get answers to questions and solutions to problems.
- New Business Contact opportunities at business and social gatherings. Make new and profitable contacts.
- Our weekly e-newsletter is filled with useful information, community notes, important dates and coupons. A FREE advertising opportunity for members only. Your direct message can reach an audience of over 1,000.
- Your business benefits from a broader perspective through representation in the Association of Berkshire Chambers of Commerce, which meets periodically to discuss business and legislative issues that affect the entire region.
- Committees to join. Your participation on a committee gives your business exposure in the community through events such as hosting a Business After Hours. The more you participate the more exposure you get, which leads to new contacts and more business.
- A voice in your community to discuss issues important to your business.
Ready to join the Southern Berkshire Chamber of Commerce? Click here.
Not quite sure what a Chamber of Commerce does? Read on!
A Chamber of Commerce is a voluntary partnership of business and professional people working together to build a healthy economy and to improve the quality of life in the community. They have joined together because they know they stand a better chance of getting things accomplished when they speak as one voice.
As it works to improve the community’s economy and quality of life, your Chamber keeps these broad objectives in mind: To help businesses prosper and grow; To increase job opportunities; To encourage an orderly expansion and development of all segments of the community; To contribute to the overall economic stability of the community.
Chamber of Commerce members are businesses, organizations and individuals working together to support the Chamber’s mission statement:
“To lead economic growth and vitality of the towns that comprise the Southern Berkshires, and to support the civic, social and natural resources of the region.”
Your Chamber of Commerce is run by its members. They elect a Board of Directors that determines the policies and sets the goals. The day-to-day operations are handled by the Chief Executive Officer and Chamber staff. Members often become involved in Chamber activities by serving on committees.
Towns covered in the Southern Berkshire Chamber’s charter are Alford, North and South Egremont, Great Barrington (including Housatonic), Monterey, Mount Washington, New Marlborough (including villages of Clayton, Hartsville, Mill River and Southfield), Otis, Sandisfield and Sheffield (including Ashley Falls). Chamber members also come from other Berkshire towns including, Lee, Lenox, Pittsfield, Stockbridge, West Stockbridge and Williamstown. Other areas covered in neighboring states include Canaan, Lakeville, Salisbury and Sharon in northwestern Connecticut and Austerlitz, Canaan, Copake, Ghent, Hillsdale and Millerton in eastern New York.
The Visitors Center for the Chamber of Commerce and the region is located at 362 Main Street in Great Barrington. Member businesses may post promotional materials inside and many referrals to member businesses are made each day. For questions about visiting or relocating to the area, stop by the Visitors Center, send an email to email@example.com, or call 1-800-269-4825.
To become a member of the Southern Berkshire Chamber of Commerce you simply complete the application on our website. The easiest way to get involved is to attend a Chamber function or join a committee. Call 413-528-4284 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.