Welcome to our beautiful and vibrant area, where our diverse towns offer exciting shopping adventures. Our Southern Berkshire retailers take pride in the quality and uniqueness of their merchandise: we are a community that lives and shops local, right down to our own currency, BerkShares! From hip and funky shops to upscale boutiques, you’re certain to discover treasures for yourself, your home, and your family. We offer a one-of-a-kind shopping experience with shops you won’t find anywhere else in the world.
And, we have been designated the “Antiques Capital of the Commonwealth,” with an eclectic array of antique shops along the Route 7 Corridor to entice serious buyers, collectors, and enthusiasts. Whether you stroll through the stores in downtown Great Barrington or hop in the car for a scenic drive to one of our surrounding towns and the businesses that make these towns their home, you’ll find what you’re looking for and more.
Items made in the Berkshires:
- Berkshire Grown brings together all the local farms for fresh local produce and products
- Great Barrington Farmers Market — Saturday 9–1 pm, Mother’s Day – Halloween
- John F. Graney Metal — Metal work
- Adam Paul Heller Studio — Stone carving studio
- Iredale Mineral Cosmetics — cosmetics and products
- Barrington Brewery — Solar brewed beer
- Les Trois Emme Vineyard — winery
- Berkshire Products — Kiln-dried domestic lumber
- BerkShares — local currency
- Community Access to the Arts — Locally produced gift items
- Apple Hill Designs — Local postcards
- Magic Fluke — Ukuleles, violins & electric bass
- Berkshire Gold & Silversmith — Jewelry
- Berkshire Mountain Bakery — sourdough bread
- Berkshire Mountain Spring Water — Local spring water
- SoCo Creamery — hand-crafted award-winning ice cream and frozen yogurt
Here are a few of our locally produced products. Please take the time to investigate all the products this area has to offer.